[FW-ENG-03] Corporate Strategy
(Kröll, M. )
The initial question for the third learning sprint of the start-up workshop is as follows: What strategy and vision do you use to lead your company to success (see figure 1)?
After you have analysed both the corporate environment (focus on external environment) and identified your resources and their properties (as an in-house approach) in the previous learning sprint, it will now be a matter of putting your idea to the test by doing a SWOT analysis perform (Fig. 2). In this you will deal with the strengths and weaknesses as well as the opportunities and risks of your business idea.
This learning sprint has the following learning objectives:
The mentees can …
- … explain the SWOT analysis as well as the procedure of a SWOT analysis.
- … analyse the strengths, weaknesses, risks and opportunities of your business idea.
- … describe different forms of risk.
- … derive strategies from working out strengths, weaknesses, risks and opportunities.
- … determine a corporate vision for your company.
- … determine goals for your company and deduce appropriate measures to achieve these goals.
|Result of the analysis of your business idea
(internal view of your company)
|Result of the analysis of your market
(external view of your company environment)
Use the strengths of the company to take advantage of the opportunities in the corporate environment
|Overcoming possible weaknesses of the company by taking advantage of the opportunities in the company environment|
|Use of the company’s strengths to minimise the risks in the corporate environment||
Minimising the weaknesses of the company and the risks of the company environment
Fig. 2: SWOT Analysis
|3.1 SWOT analysis|
|SWOT Analysis task||UNLIMITED|
|3.2 Corporate Vision|
|Corporate vision task||UNLIMITED|
|3.3 Corporate goals and strategy|
|Corporate goals and strategy||EXPIRED|
|Goals and measures||UNLIMITED|
|Example "superfood bistro"|
|Example “superfood bistro”||EXPIRED|